« Home | I don't normally bake during weekdays cos the next... » | Had a very hectic weekend. Baked chicken pies, a p... » | Instead of cakes, I have decided to spend my whole... » | I have baked a durian cake (with fresh durian fill... » | I have baked a cranberry cheesecake today. The tex... » | Many commented that the previous Mississipi Mud Ca... » | Woke up early in the morning to bake this cake. Am... » | You must be thinking, it's still early and I have ... » | Tried transfering those pizza and mudcake pictures... » | Decided to start this blog because I have finally ... »

2 cakes to show:) I have baked the Yammy Day for a friend who was thinking of ordering a cake from me for his mum's birthday. If you reading this post, maybe you want to consider this cake. I realised many people love yam.

Yammy Day (Size: ~9"x3" S$30)
Chocolate Royaltine Torte (Size: 9"x4" S$48)
The above is a cake which took me at at least 5 hrs to finish. The french cream alone took me ~1 hr. Instead of cocoa cruch where many bakers out there used, I have used a type of chips from France called Feuillite. The cake is also moistened with liquor.
Enjoy feasting with your eyes. Call me at 98482306 if you are keen to order cakes I have posted so far.
More cakes on the way......

wow! i'm 1st to post again.. okies.. the "Yammy Day" looks beautiful.. really like the color and shape.. and as for the tastes, i personally feel it tastes great! thou baker says she put in too much salt, but i find it just nice.. and theres some bits of yam in the yam paste! that really adds more texture to the whole experience lor..
then come the Chocolate Royaltine Layered Torte.. must say this.. seldom do i say i really like something in choc form.. but i really really like the thing in the center (forgot wat its called).. so crunchy! Yum Yum!

I wouldn't hesitate to buy yammy day for my mum on her birthday. I'm sure the cake is well-liked by all elderly. When cut, you smell a strong aroma scent of Yam. The sponge cake was really soft and it blends in well with the “not too sweet” fresh cream. Yam was blended in such a way that you can have a chewing pleasure on the yam bits. My personal preference is to blend the yam till it’s really smooth. But majority of those who tasted the cake think it’s perfect to eat Yammy Day with yam bits.

Chocolate Royaltine Layered Torte is a specially designed cake for chocolate lovers and executives. I suspect baker added love portion on this cake. 4 male friends of mine finished one-quarter of the cake and ask for more!!! 5 hours of hard work and love to bake the cake.. that explains why they love it… The crunchy French Feuillite is Yummy yummy yummy. light Liquor added to enhance the taste of the cake and the chocolate and french cream makes me crave for more!!! I suggest baker should use soft chocolate fudge instead of hard chocolate topping and design can be improved. I’m sure Chocolate Royaltine Layered Torte will then become a premium cake!!!! No doubts that it can be placed on the 5 star hotel cake display counter for sales! It’s beyond words to describe how tasty it is.

I love yam... but honestly, the yam ones need more deco if it's meant for birthday cake... it's too plain... maybe the shine is not as glowing as compared to the Chocolate Royaltine.... geez... This is going to be my choice for birthday cakes... so people... think you should really consider this too... it's really cheap... very worth it.. and you bet.. it's fingers licking good!!!!

Post a Comment