« Home | Well first of all, I have to thank Benje for redes... » | I have baked a cake for Mel's Mum in Law. Hope she... » | 2 cakes to show:) I have baked the Yammy Day for a... » | I don't normally bake during weekdays cos the next... » | Had a very hectic weekend. Baked chicken pies, a p... » | Instead of cakes, I have decided to spend my whole... » | I have baked a durian cake (with fresh durian fill... » | I have baked a cranberry cheesecake today. The tex... » | Many commented that the previous Mississipi Mud Ca... » | Woke up early in the morning to bake this cake. Am... »

Was having too many strawberry sweets lately that's why decided to make a strawberry cheesecake. As for the Oreo cheesecake, hmm normally when I think of cheesecake, oreo will naturally comes into my mind. Thought of baking just one, in the end decided to do both cos I will be outstation again.

These 2 cheesecakes was a challenge for me because my family and some colleagues can't stand the smell of cheese. To ensure everyone enjoys my creations, I have came up with my own recipe. I am very glad that these 2 cakes are well accepted by all.

Just a note, many asked me if I have artificial colouring in my strawberry cheese cake because it looks kind of pink. Don't worry, there is definitely no artificial colouring, flavouring or preservatives in them. The pink colouring comes from the juice of strawberries (many strawberries are used in this cake, you can also find strawberry bits in this cake).

Strawberry Cheesecake ~8 X 2" S$35


Oreo Cheesecake ~9 x 2" S$35


Side view of the Oreo Cheese Cake

Side view of both.

My 1st impression on the 2 cakes - It looks good on the appearance and it helps increase my appetite just by looking at them. For a moment, I thought I shouldn’t eat them cos they look simply lovely, but the cakes are too irresistible and I finish them, leaving the plates clean and shinny. The sweet and sour taste of strawberry cheesecake increases my appetite. I reckon the sweetness came from the strawberry and the sourness from the lemon skin. I suggest the lemon skin should be made into thinner slices thru cos it somehow tastes like orange skin. =X. As mentioned by baker, she blendeded real strawberry into the cheese which I thought was a marvelous creation. Guys, close your eyes and imagine the taste.. It’s yummy!
I found no flaws on Oreo cheesecake. The based provide a biting pleasure as it’s crunchy. I always thought Oreo blends well with Cheese.. YUMMY YUMMY!!

Post a Comment